Outsourcing is not a new concept to the hotel and restaurant industries, far from it, and with the online capabilities of today, arranging for the various services can be completed on a mobile device. The list of services is indeed long, and includes everything from toothpicks to kitchen hardware, and the trick is to find a single supplier that can provide all – or most – of your needs. For those who are new to the business, here is a list of the essential services you need to outsource, in no particular order.
- Linen Services – The tablecloths, napkins and kitchen uniforms all need to be regularly replaced, and most restaurants would have at least 7 sets of each, and would rotate as the need arises, making sure to always have that essential back up. If your business is located in the UK, you can use Stalbridge Linen commercial laundry services, who offer the best service nationwide, and with very reasonable rates, you can scratch linen off your “to do” list.
- Essential Items – Cutlery, crockery, kitchen utensils and the like, should all be sourced from a single online supplier. As long as there are restaurants and hotels, there will be a huge back up industry, and with an online supplier, you can get everything you want, and it will be delivered to your doorstep.
- Servicing – The HVAC system must always be serviced, as you can never afford to be without climate control, and the kitchen appliances endure some heavy punishment and also require regular attention. As any restaurant manager would confirm, appliance management is an essential component to a successful venture, and the kitchen and climate control can be serviced by one contractor.
- Food and Drink – Online solutions negate the need for time consuming trips to the nearest cash and carry, and daily deliveries will ensure you never run out of anything. With ample freezer facilities, one can maintain a back up supply of most things, yet daily deliveries such as bread, can be arranged online with the local baker.
- Cleaning – Obviously, you must have a cleaning contractor, and aside from the daily visit, they would be able to handle major kitchen cleans and carpet treatments, which are necessary in high traffic areas. Windows must always be smudge free and dust seems to collect just about everywhere, and as we all know, cleanliness is a must for any eatery.
- Accessories – You may want a few artificial trees or some exotic pot plants, and there are online suppliers of everything decorative that a restaurant might need, with wall art and other attractive elements available, and with the ability to swap things around, you can always maintain a different range of settings for your clients.
The Internet provides the perfect platform for outsourcing all of your needs, and once the various relationships have been formed, you can order anytime from your mobile device.